Duachaka (Dua) Her is a Hmong-American cartoonist and illustrator from Wisconsin. She is the author and illustrator of mini comic, “Tradition,” published by Uncivilized Books and comic books “The Collection” and “Then and Now.” She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Entertainment Design with a concentration in Comics and Sequential Art from the University of Wisconsin-Stout. Most of her work focuses on aspects of her Hmong-American identity and experiences.
She is represented by Janna Morishima at Janna Co.
Dua loves promoting other Hmong writers and artists. She has created a list of Hmong artists, conducted a series of written Hmong artist interviews, and created a list of Hmong children’s books, board books, chapter books, and graphic novels written or drawn by Hmong people or featuring Hmong characters/subject matter.
2023 / Upcoming Events
- Saturday, April 1st-Sunday April 2nd — Eau Claire Mini Flea Market (Eau Claire, WI)
- Saturday, April 29th — Hmong Arts & Craft Fair (Eagan, MN)
- Saturday, November 19th, 2022 — Hmong Arts & Crafts Fair (Maplewood, MN)
- Saturday, August 13th, 2022 — Autoptic Festival (Minneapolis, MN)
- Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 @ 4 p.m. — Author Visit at Northwoods Books Festival (Winchester, WI)
Interview with [I’m]perfect Creations, Episode 61, December 2022
Interview with Ryan Claytor Patreon Podcast, January 2022
Interview with Hmoodle, July 2021
Interview with Janna Morishima, April 2020
Hmong American Buzz, September 2019
TALK/DRAW Interview with Mighty Pegasus Art, January 2019
jungle azn vol. 1, December 2018
A Slice Of Life From A Lifestyle Comic, July 2016
API Comic Book Writers/Artists Interview, May 2016